A new vision for office space in Ipswich
Pertwee Estates has just gained permission from Ipswich Borough Council for the conversion of one of the town’s most interesting and historic buildings into office accommodation. This iconic building, to be known as The Maltings, is close to Ipswich station, town centre and business district. It will become part of a new ribbon of development and regeneration along Princes Street and the riverside towards the Waterfront.
The building itself is believed to date back to around 1820 and was occupied for many years by R & M Paul. In more recent years it has been used as a nightclub and entertainment venue but has stood empty for some time.
Our plans are to create a fashionable ‘de-furbished’ warehouse style office space, featuring a large central atrium linking the two buildings and lightwells to bring in floods of light to the main building.
It will be modern, flexible space, for a mix of businesses of various sizes, including creatives with 23,500sq ft of offices and about 5,500sq ft of circulation and break out space. In the old Kiln, there will be a particularly interesting three tiered suite with views over the river.
Planning permission was granted on 21 December and work has just commenced on site. Completion is expected April 2019.
Download Floorplans here:-
- Landmark Listed Building
- 3 minutes from the newly enhanced Ipswich Railway Station
- In a prime location in the Princes Street office corridor
- Entirely refurbished and regenerated
- 23,500 sq ft of office space
- 5,500 sq ft Circulation / Break-out space
- Flexibility to split into multiple units or as one headquarters building
- Central Atrium and Lightwells adding abundant natural light
- Original architectural features an integral part of the design
- On-site parking
- Construction starting Mar 2018
- Completion expected Apr 2019